Fighting For Patients And Their Loved Ones
When you go to the hospital, nursing home or clinic, you expect to receive quality care from knowledgeable and caring professionals. You trust that the health care you are provided will meet the minimum standard of care, and you will get the treatment you need unharmed. When medical professionals are negligent, your physical, emotional and financial well-being are all impacted.
At Raymond & Raymond, Ltd., our attorneys understand that a betrayal of trust has occurred, and we fight to obtain justice and compensation on your behalf.
What Is Malpractice?
In Illinois and throughout the nation, medical malpractice is defined as any medical error that occurs when a health care worker does not provide the minimum accepted standard of care and causes harm. Medical malpractice can arise from a vast array of situations, scenarios and mistakes.
Working With All Types Of Malpractice Incidents
The lawyers and team at Raymond & Raymond, Ltd., have decades of experience pursuing damages against negligent doctors, hospitals and health care workers. We work collaboratively with a team of board-certified doctors, and one of our attorneys is a former practicing registered nurse. This equips us to properly investigate your claim and take proper action. Our dedicated team handles all types of medical malpractice cases including:
- Injuries involved with birth: We represent both mothers and babies that are injured during the pregnancy and birth process.
- Medication mistakes: We represent patients and surviving family members after medication errors caused injury, infection or death.
- Delayed diagnosis and missed diagnosis: We represent patients that suffered due to a physician’s incorrect diagnosis or failure to make a diagnosis.
- Hospital and staff errors: We represent patients and surviving family members when individuals are hurt or killed due to caretaker negligence, anesthesia errors, incorrect lab test readings and diagnostics, preventable pediatric injuries and more.
- Surgical injuries: We represent patients that were injured due to an error during a surgical procedure.
- Serious brain injuries: We represent patients that suffered serious brain injuries due to a health provider’s negligent actions.
Common Medical Malpractice Myths
Each of our cases is prepared to go to trial. Most require thousands of hours of attorney time and expenses in the tens of thousands of dollars. For these reasons, our medical malpractice law firm in Chicagoland is highly selective in accepting cases. We believe in straightforward, honest communication. Because of this, we would like to debunk some common myths.
Myth: People bring medical malpractice lawsuits to win a jackpot and get rich.
Truth: Injured patients and their families are in disbelief at their treatment at the hands of the medical profession, and they want to know what they can do to prevent the same thing from happening to others.
Myth: A strong claim should settle without having to go to court.
Truth: Few medical malpractice cases settle before a lawsuit is filed or even early in the litigation process. Most settlements occur near the time of the trial.
Schedule A Consultation Regarding Your Case
Serving Chicagoland, we have been protecting patients and their families since 1987. If you or a loved one was injured due to the negligent actions of a trusted medical professional, call us today at 800-331-5753. We would like to hear your story and investigate your claim. You can also schedule a consultation by completing our online contact form.