We Pursue Justice For Surgical Errors
Going through even the most minor surgery can be an emotional, frightening time. You expect the outcome to be positive and to be on the road to recovery. But negligence on the part of your surgeon or other medical staff can lead to major health problems you didn’t expect.
The medical malpractice lawyers of Raymond & Raymond, Ltd., understand how serious an unexpected surgical outcome can be, especially if the professional you trusted is negligent. For over 28 years, we have used our deep legal knowledge and strategic skills to help victims of surgical errors seek the financial compensation they deserve.
Common Types Of Surgical Mistakes
With our law firm located in the Chicago suburb of Schaumburg, our assertive yet compassionate lawyers can fight for your rights in a case of operating room negligence. The types of error cases we have represented in the past include these and more:
- Wrong incision location
- Surgical equipment left in the body
- Mixing up patients
- Nerve injury
- Anesthesia errors
Our firm has helped hundreds of clients obtain compensation to help cover medical expenses, rehabilitation and living expenses, including clients with brain injuries and diagnosis errors. Put our personalized approach and aggressive defense strategy to work toward your most favorable outcome.
Common Causes Of Errors During Surgery
Medical professionals need to be diligent. You count on them to be. When this doesn’t happen, mistakes are made. Here are some of the most typical causes of errors in the operating room:
- Drug use
- Alcohol use
- Poor communication
- Insufficient training
- Improper processes and planning
We prepare for every case like it is going to court. We have a team of physicians who can provide opinions and medical know-how that puts the details of your case into clear view.
Examples Of The Cases We Take
We have helped numerous patients seek financial compensation due to medical malpractice including surgical errors. Cases include these types of surgery scenarios and more:
- A surgeon injured the liver and bile ducts during a laparoscope gall bladder removal, causing severe infection and permanent liver injury to a 28-year-old. This required a second operation and prolonged hospitalization.
- A 5-year-old patient was badly burned during surgery when the surgeon ignited an alcohol solution with a cautery device.
- A surgeon cut a structure before identifying the structure, resulting in a 42-year-old patient’s massive bleed, nerve damage and paralysis.
- Immediately after surgery, an anesthesiologist took a 45-year-old patient off a ventilator too soon, causing hypoxic brain injury.
- During a cesarean section delivery, an anesthesiologist and CRNA allowed a mother’s blood pressure to remain dangerously low, causing brain damage, multisystem organ damage and death a day later.
Seeking The Compensation You Deserve
Schedule a face-to-face evaluation of your case and learn how we can help you move on from your medical hardship. Call 877-957-8830 or send us a request by email today for a consultation with an experienced lawyer who can advocate for you.