Cardiac / Heart Injuries
Heart disease is the number one medical condition people suffer from in the United States. The heart is the engine that pumps blood throughout the body. Without our hearts we could not survive. Medical providers know this, and must be vigilant when it comes to a patient’s heart health. Heart health must be monitored throughout one’s lifetime, especially as we age and our heart becomes more vulnerable to disease.
At Raymond & Raymond, Ltd., our attorneys have too often seen physicians and other medical providers not take into account a patient’s heart health with negative consequences, including death. Some examples include:
- Failing to refer patients to a heart doctor (a cardiologist or cardio-vascular surgeon);
- Performing surgery on patients whose heart is too weak to endure the procedure;
- Failing to properly treat a heart condition;
- Failing to timely diagnose a heart attack.
- Failing to take the necessary steps to prevent a heart attack; and
- Failing to treat high blood pressure (hypertension)
If you believe you or a loved one could be the victim of a medical mistake regarding the heart, please contact our firm for a free consultation to see if we can help. It would be a privilege to provide justice for you and your family.