When a Trusted Professional Makes a Medication Error
We trust and depend on health care professionals to provide us with the correct treatment and medications. When a careless mistake is made that causes injury or illness, we lose confidence in the diligence of the profession. The experienced malpractice lawyers at Schaumburg’s Raymond & Raymond, Ltd., understand how devastating this situation can be. Let us aggressively seek damages, if you or a loved one’s health is harmed due to a medication error.
Common Causes for Medication Mistakes
Drug mistakes can result from the negligence of doctors, nurses or pharmacists. Our team of dedicated lawyers has helped numerous clients obtain fair compensation for medication mistakes, including:
- Incorrect prescription drug strength
- Administration of the wrong dosage
- Pharmacist negligence
- Illegible penmanship on written prescription, resulting in the wrong drug
- Wrong medication prescribed due to misdiagnosis
You need help from a firm with the experience and resources to go up against established hospitals and pharmacies and their expensive lawyers. Our Illinois law practice is well-versed to research the details and strategize a solid defense in your case. Allow us to pursue every source of compensation available.
Examples of Medication Mistakes
Here are examples of patients who were injured due to medication mistakes:
- A rehabilitation doctor overmedicated a 78-year-old with morphine, resulting in cardiopulmonary arrest and brain damage.
- A 36-year-old was given Fentanyl and Propofol for a medical procedure, then had breathing difficulties not noticed by medical professionals. Due to delayed intubation, the man incurred permanent brain damage.
- A doctor improperly gave an epidural injection resulting in paraplegia.
- A doctor prescribed the wrong antibiotic for a 56-year-old patient’s infection, leading to the spread of infection and destruction of the patient’s heart valves.
- A doctor did not monitor a 68-year-old patient’s blood thinner levels, resulting in brain bleed and death.
Seek Justice with Diligent Representation
Hospitals, pharmacies and doctors can hire large attorney firms for representation. Make sure you have an aggressive, knowledgeable team on your side. To find out more about how we can help you, please call us at (800) 331-5753 or complete our email intake form.